miraDry in New York City, New York
Say Goodbye to Underarm Sweat, Odor and Hair
Imagine a lifetime of freedom from antiperspirant, deodorant, and shaving.
MiraDry is a revolutionary non-surgical treatment that permanently reduces underarm sweat, odor and hair – in just one hour! You’ll feel immediate results in as little as one treatment. And the results are clinically proven to be long-lasting. MiraDry is FDA-cleared, safe and effective with high patient satisfaction. Over 100,000 miraDry treatments have been performed worldwide.
FDA-cleared • Immediate Results • As Little As One Treatment
See How miraDry Works
How It Works
- miraDry utilizes proprietary thermal technology to target the area where underarm sweat glands, odor glands and hair follicles reside, and safely elminates them.
- Local anesthesia is administered to the underarms prior to the treatment for patient comfort.
- The miraDry treatment is non-surgical. Treatment is customized to each underarm with the miraDry hand piece placed directly to skin, lining up with the temporary treatment template applied to the underarm.
- Published clinical study confirms an average of 82% sweat reduction in most patients.
- Results can be seen in as little as one treatment and sweat glands don’t come back after treatment.
- Most patients describe the procedure as painless and return to regular activity (like returning to work) immediately after treatment.
- The miraDry treatment has a strong safety record. Some localized soreness, swelling or numbness will occur, which typically clears within a few weeks.
- The miraDry treatment is customized to each patient, so the best way to determine a treatment plan and price is to consult with a physician.
- In a study of over 2,000 US consumers, it was determined that 15 million people today are interested in a miraDry treatment at its average treatment cost of $2,000 – $3,000.
- Pricing can vary depending on the specific treatment protocol and will be discussed during the consultation.
before and after a miraDry treatment.
What is the miraDry® treatment?
The miraDry treatment permanently reduces underarm sweat, odor and hair of all colors in as little as one hour — with immediate results. Over 100,000 miraDry treatments have been performed worldwide.
Don’t I need sweat glands?
While your body does need sweat glands to cool itself, your body has 2 – 4 million sweat glands — only about 2 percent are found in your underarms. Eliminating this 2 percent of sweat glands does not affect your body’s ability to cool itself. With miraDry, you will experience the many benefits of reducing sweat in the underarm area, but you will continue to sweat in other areas of your body.
What is the procedure like?
Most patients describe the procedure as painless with little to no downtime. Local anesthesia is administered to the underarms prior to the treatment to assist in increasing comfort. Some patients describe the initial anesthetic injections as the most painful part of the procedure. There are no incisions or cuts. Treatment is customized to each underarm with multiple placements of the miraDry handpiece. An office visit appointment will generally last about one hour.
How does it work?
miraDry uses thermal energy to create heat in the area where bothersome sweat and odor glands and hair follicles reside and safely eliminates them.
What results can I expect?
You can expect immediate and lasting results. Once the miraDry treatment eliminates the sweat and odor glands and hair follicles, they’re gone for good. The treatment is clinically proven to have an average of 82 percent sweat reduction.3 As with any aesthetic treatment results, patient results and experience may vary.
How many treatments will I need?
You can see results in as little as one treatment. However, as with any aesthetic treatment, your physician will determine the best protocol for your desired results.
Is there any pain or downtime?
Most patients describe the procedure as painless with little to no downtime. Local anesthesia is administered to the underarms prior to the treatment for patient comfort. Most patients experience little to no downtime and return to regular activity (like returning to work) immediately. Exercise is typically resumed within several days. You may experience swelling, numbness, bruising and sensitivity in the underarm area for several days post-treatment.
Are there any side effects?
The miraDry treatment has a strong safety record. Some localized soreness, swelling or numbness will occur, and typically clears within a few weeks.