Neck Contouring New York City
Shafer Plastic Surgery procedures for improving the appearance of the neck:
Liposuction and a Neck Lift.
With age, fat tends to accumulate between the chin and neck, as the facial muscles and skin sag. Removing the excess fat with liposuction or by performing a neck lift, we can create a more defined and attractive jawline and neck. This is also performed in young adults with “double chins” and results in a fantastic natural appearance with defined jawlines.
A neck lift is a more focused approach than a full face-lift. Consequently, the procedure is sometimes called a mini lift. You must keep in mind that a neck lift does not address the aging face, only the neck. However, tightening the skin and removing any excess fat can give excellent results in the right patient.
What to expect
Liposuction: Dr. Shafer makes a tiny incision behind each ear and under the chin. He then performs suction to remove the fat from the jawline and beneath the chin. In some cases, Dr. Shafer also performed Smartlipo MPX or Acculift at the same time if desired. These lasers help to melt the fat prior to suction.
- Anesthesia: IV sedation or general anesthesia depending on patient and the procedure being performed.
- Inpatient/outpatient: Outpatient
- Length of procedure: 1 hour for liposuction and 2 hours for neck lift
- Discomfort: Mild, but controlled pain medication
- Anticipate: Mild swelling and minimal bruising
- Recovery: Most patients are back to work in 2 to 3 days after liposuction and 7 days after neck lift.
- Final results: Results are immediate and improve as the swelling resolves.
- Duration of results: Long-lasting as long as the patient maintains healthy lifestyle with balanced diet and regular exercise.