For years, the answer for getting rid of fine lines and wrinkles has been Botox. There are now options such as Dysport, Xeomin, and now Jeuveau. While all products are different, it is important to discuss with Dr. Shafer which product will be best for you to help soften your wrinkles and restore the youthful appearance of your skin.
Countless hours are spent researching and developing new and potentially more effective products. It takes time to develop quality products, especially when the goal is to provide a level of aesthetic care that will have people turning their heads. Botox Cosmetic has been the standard treatment and has become a household name.
Jeuveau is the first FDA-approved neurotoxin to hit the market in nearly a decade!
What Does Jeuveau Do?
While Botox Cosmetic is FDA approved to treatment glabellar lines between the eyebrows, crow’s feet to the sides of the eyes and frown lines on the forehead, Jeuveau has been initially approved by the FDA to treat glabellar lines between the eyebrows. These small vertical lines form between the eyebrows when you make certain repeated facial expressions like a frown. The glabellar lines are also commonly know as the “11’s”
Over time, the facial muscles used in frowning can cause the overlying skin to become stiff and indented in the areas of the dynamic lines. This causes these frown lines to form and eventually become a permanent part of your appearance, whether you are frowning or not. This can make it seem like you are unhappy from the moment you wake up.
Just like Botox, Jeuveau works by allowing these contracted facial muscles to relax. Jeuveau contains a neurotoxin that is capable of temporarily paralyzing the targeted facial muscles by blocking nerve signals. This allows the muscles to relax, smoothing out the skin on the brow. Most patients require treatments every 3-5 months. After the first injection, the results are apparent after a few days with no downtime.
The results provided by Jeuveau do not give the face a frozen appearance, and they can look incredibly natural when the injections are performed by an experienced professional. No surgery is required for this procedure, making it incredibly convenient.
While Jeuveau may only be FDA-approved for frown lines at the moment, this may change as more research and testing is done. In the near future, Jeuveau may prove to be an excellent option for treating a wide variety of wrinkles and fine lines across the face.
Why Try Jeuveau?
If products like Botox already exist, why try Jeuveau? The truth is that while Botox may be great at what it does, it is good to have competition and new development in products. Some patients respond better to different products so it’s good to have a new product as part of our fight against wrinkles. Providing patients with options makes it easier to find a treatment that works for them. While Jeuveau may be similar to Botox in several ways, it’s the small variations in results that make all the difference.
Interested in Trying Jeuveau?
f you have noticeable frown lines and would like to use Jeuveau to get rid of them, or if you have tried Botox or other neurotoxin injections and want to see if Jeuveau is the better option for you, contact Shafer Clinic Fifth Avenue. You will be able to schedule a Jeuveau consultation, where you can ask any questions that you may have. We will be happy to provide you with excellent care and amazing results.
What is this #NEWTOX I keep hearing about?
· The Jeuveau™ launch campaign in the U.S. includes the promotional hashtag #NEWTOX. Jeuveau™ is a modern-made neurotoxin and the first and only neurotoxin dedicated exclusively to aesthetics.1,2 It is an injectable treatment approved by the FDA for the temporary improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines in adults.2
“Really a great job, your technical skill knowing the location and volume provided a very smooth and balanced result”
How does Jeuveau™ work?
· Jeuveau™ is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used in adults for a short period of time (temporary) to improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines).
What makes Jeuveau™ different? Why should I try it?
Launched in the US under the promotional hashtag #NEWTOX, Jeuveau™ is a modern-made neurotoxin and the first and only neurotoxin approved exclusively for aesthetics.1,2 There is a lot of excitement about Jeuveau™ as it’s the first neurotoxin to hit the U.S. market in almost a decade.2 Furthermore, Jeuveau™ has also been studied in the largest head-to-head clinical trial versus Botox™ Cosmetic.5
· We are one of the first practices to offer this exclusive treatment.
What are some of the potential side effects?
· The most commonly reported side effects in clinical trials include headache, eyelid drooping, upper respiratory tract infection, and increased white blood cell count.2 No serious drug-related events were observed in the studies.3-7
What’s it like before and after treatment?
· If it’s your first time getting a treatment, you may be a little nervous. And that’s okay! Localized pain, infection, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, erythema, and/or bleeding/bruising may be associated with the injection2
· These are not all of the possible side effects of Jeuveau™. Please see the Important Safety Information including Boxed Warning and Medication Guide at www.evolus.com.