Cheek & Chin Augmentation New York City
With age, gravity pulls down on the cheek and face, causing a flat appearance. Additionally, the lower eyelid may droop, causing a sad or tired appearance.
A cheek lift or mid-facelift can restore fullness to the cheek and soften the deep lines extending from the corner of the nose to the corner of the mouth – nasolabial folds. It can also raise the outer portion of the eyebrow, creating a more rested and youthful appearance. The cheek lift may be done as a single procedure or with other facial surgeries.
Facial fillers such as Voluma and Restylane Lift can also be injected in the cheeks and mid face to give a temporary lift. Additionally fat grafting can be performed with the check lift or as a standalone procedure to help wth mid face atrophy and aging.
- Anesthesia: Twilight IV anesthesia
- Inpatient/outpatient: Outpatient
- Length of procedure: 2 hours
- Anticipate: Mild swelling and bruising in the cheeks and around the eyes is possible
- Discomfort: Moderate, but controlled with pain medication
- Final result: The results are immediate but the final appearance may take 2 to 4 months as swelling resolves
- Duration of results: 10-15 years as the body continues to age. Most people have this surgery once.
What to expect
Dr. Shafer makes an incision around and above each ear beyond the hairline to help conceal any signs of surgery. A mid-facelift can dramatically enhance your appearance.