Conveniently located to serve New York City
The AviClear Laser System is indicated for the treatment of mild to severe inflammatory acne vulgaris.
The Cutera AviClear is a 1726 nm laser system. The AviClear system includes a handpiece with chilled sapphire window and placement sensors.
What Causes Acne
- Sebaceous glands are attached to each hair follicle.
- Produces sebum (oily substance) which lubricates and protects the hair and skin.
- During puberty, hormones called androgens increase the size of the skin’s sebaceous gland.
- These glands can make too much sebum, which can clog pores.
- Pores become plugged with sebum(oil), dead skin cells, bacteria (C. Acnes), causing eruptions of the skin.
- These blockages produce blackheads, whiteheads, nodules and other types of pimples.
Acne Mechanism of Action
- The purpose of the treatment is to selectively treat the sebaceous glands without causing thermal damage to the surrounding tissue.
- 1726 nm preferentially downregulates the sebaceous gland while other anatomies remain intact/protected. The sebublasts (outer wall) are protected while the sebocytes are damaged.
Types of Acne
- Blackheads (Open Comedones): Open comedones on the skin that fill with excess oil and dead skin.
- Whiteheads (Closed Comedones): Closed comedones that remain closed by oil and dead skin.
- Red, raised blemish on the skin’s surface with no whitehead
- Red, inflamed blemish with a white head
- Large, inflamed blemish that are hard-to-touch and deeper in the skin.
- Typically, more painful.
- Very large, inflamed blemish that are soft and fluid-filled under the skin’s surface
- Can be very painful.